Kenwood Plc has just completed works on a commercial property in the busy shopping area of Cobham. This property is special in that it has a Cobham Conservation and Heritage Trust blue plaque. Blue plaques date back to the mid 1860’s and in fact the oldest plaque to survive dates back to 1867. These plaques are put on buildings to commemorate important buildings and the people that have lived or where born in them. This Particular plaque memorialises the Fox & Hound public house which was a well know Cobham landmark where it stood for over 100 years until its demolition in the 1960’s.
This specific building required a damp proof course to be injected and also required use of Kenwood’s specially formulated cementicious tanking system. Now we have completed our works this shop can continue to serve the local people of Cobham.