This is the website of Kenwood plc
At Kenwood plc, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website and have partnerships or agreements with us, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, having an agreement or partnership with us, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Please note: this policy is written for all users, this includes our clients, partners and customers. The requirement of data varies between users and the information below may or may not be relevant to you.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include:
- Your preferences (email communications, general habits and hobbies)
- Information regarding what website pages are accessed, when and how long they were used for
- Why do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services, you become our customer or visit our website.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- offer you relevant products and services
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our obligations. We will hold all your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract or agreement you hold with us.
How do we store your information?
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. We work with third-party providers to ensure this is the case, more information on this can be found further in this Policy.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
Kenwood plc would like to send you information about our products, services and mystery shops that we think you might be interested in.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may opt-out at a later date.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Our team has access to your information, this is for the services we provide to you above.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use best endeavours to ensure its security on our systems.
Third-Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example our management information systems and to send you email or text message communication).
However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”).
By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK.
By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
What are your data protection rights?
Kenwood plc would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Kenwood plc for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Kenwood plc correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Kenwood plc erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Kenwood plc restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to Kenwood plc processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that Kenwood plc transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details written in this policy.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account or as otherwise necessary to provide you with the Services. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The length of time for which we retain mystery shopping results for our clients, which may or may not hold personal data, will be outlined in our Service Agreement with you.
If you have questions about our data retention practices, please contact us through email@example.com
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visited behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Giving you a better experience
What types of cookies do we use?
- Functionality – Kenwood plc uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you were in. A mix of 1st party and 3rd party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Kenwood plc uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies without advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
Set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies entirely from your browser.
Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Privacy Policies of other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
In addition, if you link to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Google Analytics is used to analyse traffic to this website. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors. Unlike some tracking services, Google Analytics does not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor. Google Analytics only collects aggregate data.
Review of this policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding this policy, our privacy practices, the data we hold on you or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Kenwood plc has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire, SK9 5AF